Akshay Bahadur’s interest in Computer Science sparked when he was working on a women's safety application aimed towards the women's welfare in India and since then he has been incessantly tackling social issues in India through technology. He is currently working alongside Google to make an Indian sign language recognition system (ISLAR) specifically aimed at running on low resource environments for developing countries. His ambition is to make valuable contributions towards the ML community and leave a message of perseverance and tenacity.
He’s one out of 8 Google Developers Expert (Machine Learning) from India along with being one of 150 members worldwide for the Intel Software Innovator program.
- Invited by Google to present his research on ISLAR (Indian Sign Language) at Google headquarters in California.
- Tutorial acceptance at the IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV 2020) - “Minimizing CPU utilization for Deep Networks”.
- Delegate at the 2020 Harvard College Conference in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
- Awarded Top Innovator Award (2019) by Intel.
- Contributed to Google’s open source project (Quick, Draw) and NVIDIA’s open source project (Autopilot).
- Presented his work along with the Google TensorFlow team at TensorFlow Roadshow (Bangalore).
- GDE Summit, California 2019
- Data Hack Summit 2019
Link : https://youtu.be/ZWqWToiEvGk
- GDG DevFest Kokata 2019
- Open Data Science Conference (ODSC), India 2019
- Indian Institute of Science, 2019
- Open Data Science Conference (ODSC), Boston 2019
- Open Data Science Conference (ODSC), India 2018:
- DeepCogntion Workshop:
- Institute of Analytics:
- Microsoft Advanced Analytics User group: